Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Idea: A Custom Vintage Style Wedding Dress

Source
I loooove this dress!
It'll also be gorgeous in white/ivory with crystal embellished buttons...
and, of course, a birdcage veil.


Source
I'm really in love with the dress on the right...those sleeves are fabulous.

Source
So simple, but still so glamorous... I love the dropped back.

Aren't these vintage patterns fabulously chic and glamorous? Now, imagine them in white or ivory as beautiful wedding gowns. If you have access to a fabulous seamstress or indie designer, this just may be a surprisingly affordable option for a wedding dress. It is certainly worth the research!

2 comments:

bridechic said...

Great finds and I'm loving those late 1930s silhouettes. Never seen those actual patterns as there aren't as many from the late 1930s as 50s. I do collect vintage patterns and incorporate them into my collections.

nina said...

Thank you :-) I very much appreciate the details and glamour of fashions of the past. Your dress collections are beautiful...